The Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials is an eBook available from Amazon and it’s written by Mike Rose who I’m sure is a name many of you are familiar with. For those of you who are not, here’s Mike’s Author Bio included in the book.
Mike is a seasoned traveller and award winning blogger with a good knowledge of Thailand, its people and culture. Mike speaks intermediate level Thai and is currently learning to read the language. He is also a keen amateur wildlife photographer.
Mike maintains several Thailand related websites including, Thailand Blogs that covers news and information relating to Thailand, while his Thai Signs blog is dedicated to learning to read the Thai language.
Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials by Mike Rose
The Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials is a reference guide for anyone who is considering retiring in Thailand and its author makes no claim to it being an absolute ‘must follow’ guide. Far from it, the book has 14 chapters and 84 pages of valuable facts, hints and tips on retiring in Thailand and is a handy resource to help make a retiree’s initial stay in Thailand much smoother and hassle free. The eBook is available via Amazon (Kindle version) at a price of £5.26 (US$8.40) and below are the chapter topics and some details about their make-up.
- Thai Visa and Residency in Thailand – The opening chapter covers the best visa options for anyone wishing to retire in Thailand and the supporting evidence they require.
- Housing, Land and Property – Explores the benefits and pitfalls of renting, leasing and buying property in Thailand. It also covers the Thai Yellow House Book and the Thai address system.
- Health Care – An overview of the public and private medical facilities available to foreigners in Thailand, information about its emergency services and common health risks and tropical diseases.
- Cost of Living in Thailand – Information on household utility bills and local service charges, internet, mobile phone and satellite TV charges, car running costs and the lowdown on general shopping in Thailand.
- Money and Banking – Explains how to set up a Thai bank account and the documentation required and looks at other methods of transferring and withdrawing money to and from Thailand.
- Driving in Thailand – Highlights driving standards and road safety in Thailand, drink driving laws, how to obtain a Thai driving license and vehicle insurance.
- Vehicle Ownership – Details about vehicle registration, road tax and testing of vehicles.
- Marriage and Divorce – Explains the simplicity of marriage and divorce laws in Thailand and includes a link to the conditions and requirements to getting married legally in Thailand.
- Working in Thailand – Lists the Things You Should Know About Working in Thailand and has a link to the 39 occupations prohibited to foreigners.
- Bringing Pets to Thailand – Explains how climatic conditions are not suited to some pets, the risks from local ‘street’ dogs and a link to the requirements for the importation of dogs and cats into the Kingdom of Thailand.
- How to Enjoy Living in Thailand – Hints and tips on making your early days of retirement in Thailand a smoother passage, a list of Things You Should Avoid Doing in Thailand and this chapter also highlights corruption, scams and dual pricing in the Land of Smiles.
- Getting Around in Thailand – Details about bus, train and air travel in Thailand.
- A Few Places to Visit – Suggests places of interest to visit in Thailand and has details on Amphawa Floating Market, the Bridge on the River Kwai, Green Lung in Bangkok, Phra Pathom Chedi in Nakhon Pathom and Ao Manou Beach near Prachuap Khiri Khan.
- Retirement Planning – Explains the need for careful financial planning due to the potential pitfalls that inflation and currency fluctuations can bring on, the need for proper healthcare planning and points out that some retirement consultancy services aren’t all they seem.
The Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials is an ideal book for anyone wishing to retire in Thailand and has the benefit of its author having experienced (and still doing so) retirement in Thailand himself. Here’s the Amazon product description of the eBook.
The Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials is a must have book for anyone contemplating retirement in Thailand. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a little help in ensuring they follow the best route to achieve their goal of finding a new life under the sun in the beautiful Asian paradise that is Thailand.
Part of the authors inspiration for writing the book was the fact that back in 2008 he had no mentor or single source of information to guide him along the way when he made the life changing move to Thailand.
He made mistakes, quite a few in fact.
This book is not a work of fiction, it does not explore the seedier side of life some associate with Thailand, it simply contains all the information you are likely to need to help you facilitate your move and avoid some of the mistakes the author made.
It is a clear, concise, practical no frills guide designed to make moving to Thailand easy.
To further explore or order the eBook via Amazon click on the link here: Thailand Retirement Guide – Essentials by Mike Rose.
If you have enjoyed this post then why not get Beyond The Mango Juice delivered free to your desktop or by email via my RSS feed…… You can also sign up for my Beyond The Mango Juice page on Facebook by clicking on the link here.
© 2013 – 2015, Martyn. All rights reserved.